James Baldwin, posit that “Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.” Love then is powerful, deeper than feelings and a mystery; a divine mystery. To buttress my point, here are some of Love’s attributes:
- Love never gives up.
- Love cares more for others than for self.
- Love doesn’t want what it doesn’t have.
- Love doesn’t strut,
- Doesn’t have a swelled head,
- Doesn’t force itself on others,
- Isn’t always “me first,”
- Doesn’t fly off the handle,
- Doesn’t keep score of the sins of others,
- Doesn’t revel when others grovel,
- Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
- Puts up with anything,
- Trusts God always,
- Always looks for the best,
- Never looks back,
- But keeps going to the end.
So drum roll please, here is my #1 love quote: “For God so LOVED the world that He GAVE His Only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16 NKJV
True love is about the ultimate sacrifice, the act of giving the best. An example clearly modeled by God for humanity. This example works for me…how about you ? Well, enjoy your day and do make love a lifetime commitment and not just a day’s event.