Good stuff never gets old…here’s a must read for all especially women. Written by Fawn in Essence Magazine.
Here’s a brief synopsis-
There were 11 common keys that every one of the hundreds of couples I interviewed—from South Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia, North and South America—claimed were their "secrets" to a happy union. All the happily married women I interviewed were some of the strongest women I’ve ever met. Here are the actions I observed of these women from all around the world (gleaned from Fawn’s article in Essence Magazine.
The 11 Keys:
1. BE TRUE TO YOURSELF.
2. STAY CONNECTED TO GOD.
3. MAKE THE TIME FOR DAILY CHECKUPS.
4. COMMUNICATE YOUR DESIRES CLEARLY AND SUCCINCTLY.
5. PUT YOUR PARTNER’S NEEDS ABOVE YOUR OWN.
6. EMBRACE YOUR LOCAL SOUS CHEF.
7. CHOOSE HAPPINESS DAILY.
8. TAKE TIME OUT FOR FRIENDS, FAMILY AND YOURSELF.
9. TOSS OUT THE LINGERIE (IF IT DOESN’T MAKE YOU COMFORTABLE).
10. LIGHTEN UP.
11. PURSUE YOUR DREAMS.
Now, Read the entire article here: http://m.essence.com/2014/12/07/how-be-great-wife-even-if-youre-single/
Fawn Weaver is a happy wife, best-selling author and creator of Happy Wives Club.
This article originally appeared in the January 2015 issue of ESSENCE magazine on newstands now!