This is a sad and gruesome story! Two young individuals forever impacted…No one should underestimate the power of emotions – good or bad. A quote by Oliver Stone, "Never underestimate the power of jealousy and the power of envy to destroy. Never underestimate that."
Here is an excerpt from the story from the New York Times.
"A jealous Queens woman got behind the wheel of her car and allegedly made her boyfriend run for his life before fatally running him down, law-enforcement sources said yesterday.Kaman Drummond, 26, was frantically ducking and weaving through parked vehicles as Hofstra University dropout Dunasha Payne, 21, sped after him in her 1994 Honda Accord just before midnight Monday night, the sources said.
Residents heard his pleas for help and called 911.
The first caller said Drummond was being chased by a vehicle speeding northbound on 208th Street in Queens Village. Other callers said Drummond was trying to flee at Hollis Avenue and 208th Street. When cops arrived at about 11:50 p.m. Monday, they found Drummond, his head and body crushed, in front of 104-37 208th St…"
Read the rest of the story here: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/queens/car_of_doom_fueled_by_fury_YP1es3ko6J7g8WvvdIpWjI
Note the following:
- Jealousy consumes! Don’t let it consume you.
"Jealousy is, I think, the worst of all faults because it makes a victim of both parties." – Gene Tierney
- Wrath is cruel and anger is an overwhelming flood, but who is able to stand before jealousy? Proverbs 27:4
- Jealously is a natural overflow of the human emotions, yield your emotions to God daily in prayers and make certain that rage or jealousy outburst doesn’t lead to bad actions or deadly consequences.
- Jealously is blind. "It is not love that is blind, but jealousy." – Lawrence Durrell
- A calm and undisturbed mind and heart are the life and health of the body, but envy, jealousy, and wrath are like rottenness of the bones." – Prov 14:30
- "The jealous are possessed by a mad devil and a dull spirit at the same time." – Johann Kaspar Lavater
Remember Relationships Do Matter,
Image: from the NY Post.