Communication is the ability to successfully convey or share ideas, thoughts and feelings. When one communicates it is essential that one is heard and understood. Note that the art of communication extends beyond the transfer of intent, idea or thoughts and obtaining an right response or action is what confirms one is indeed communicating. If only it is so easy…(lol)
So we know that communication could be complicated and for many of us especially men, words are limiting. So here’s a tip, add to your repertoire and learn how to speak with flowers…now this assumes that whoever you are communicating with appreciates flowers. (Hint: The first rule of communication is to know the ‘audience’ tailor accordingly).
Class is in session – take notes!
Listen – “After women, flowers are the most lovely thing God has given the world.” – Christian Dior
Do not forget that – “The earth laughs in flowers.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
No better time than NOW: “Don’t send me flowers when I’m dead. If you like me, send them while I’m alive.” – Brian Clough
Everything matters especially the little things – “Forests, lakes, and rivers, clouds and winds, stars and flowers, stupendous glaciers and crystal snowflakes – every form of animate or inanimate existence, leaves its impress upon the soul of man.” – Orison Swett Marden
Before you purchase or present your next bouquet, you should know what that means –
- Ambrosia symbolizes: Love returned
- Amethyst symbolizes: Admiration
- Azalea symbolizes: Romance
- Camellia symbolizes: Steadfast love
- Pink carnations mean: “I’ll never forget you”
- Cherry blossom symbolizes: Spiritual beauty
- Daisies symbolizes: Innocence
- Gardenia mean: “You’re lovely”
- Geraniums mean: “A secret rendezvous”
- Hazel symbolizes: Reconciliation
- Iris symbolizes: A flame of passion
- Lilac symbolizes: New love and innocence
- Lily symbolizes: Sweetness
- Orchids mean: “You are beautiful”
- Peach means: “You are unique”
- Rosemary symbolizes: Remembrance
- Tulips (red) mean: “My perfect lover”
- Tulips mean: “You mean everything”
- Violets mean: Faithfulness
Author: ‘Flo Falayi, Ph.D.(c) is the founder of RelationshipMatters & HybridLeaders.org. He is married with kids and passionate about maximizing life, leadership & relationships. Flo hosts and speaks at conferences, seminars and events locally and internationally.
Previous post by Flo – “HOW TO MAKE LOVE WITH YOUR CLOTHES ON”
List originally collated by Gregory Godek
Image sources: etsy.com, pinterest.com & google images.