Day 3: Reading – John 12:12 -19
12 On the morrow a great multitude that had come to the feast, when they heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem, 13 took the branches of the palm trees, and went forth to meet him, and cried out, Hosanna: Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord, even the King of Israel. 14 And Jesus, having found a young ass, sat thereon; as it is written, 15 Fear not, daughter of Zion: behold, thy King cometh, sitting on an ass’s colt. 16 These things understood not his disciples at the first: but when Jesus was glorified, then remembered they that these things were written of him, and that they had done these things unto him. 17 The multitude therefore that was with him when he called Lazarus out of the tomb, and raised him from the dead, bare witness. 18 For this cause also the multitude went and met him, for that they heard that he had done this sign. 19 The Pharisees therefore said among themselves, Behold how ye prevail nothing: lo, the world is gone after him.
- God’s sovereign plan is amazing and indeed blessed is he who cometh in the name of the Lord. Let me highlight something unique for you today, there are times and events that while we are ‘going through’ them, we cannot fully appreciate God’s plan and agenda but these become clearer afterwards. Ask the disciples, read verses 16 and 17, the witnesses or disciples didn’t even know or fully appreciate the events of the day until Jesus was glorified (afterwards).
As it was for them, so it is today; the miracles, the challenges, the expectation, the anticipation, the dilemma, drama, difficulties and much more are all subplots of a divine script and are these life events are intended to make you witnesses. Witnesses who will articulate God’s master plan. So without much ado, embrace your role and enjoy life in Jesus name, Amen.
- Pray that God will give you insight and foresight to see, appreciate, understand the events of life surrounding you today such that you manifest as credible witnesses in Jesus Name, Amen.
- The power to live as sons and daughters of God.
- The insight into the fullness of God’s purpose for your life.
- The wisdom to build a life pleasing and acceptable before God.
- The boldness to confront and deal with all circumstances with wisdom from God’s word.
- Pray that during this lent season you will grow in grace, favor and statute with God and men.
- Morning: Isaiah 58
- Noon: Proverbs 24: 1 – 3 & Ephesians 1: 15-21
- Afternoon/Evening: Freedom Declaration
TRB FREEDOM DECLARATION
- I am “Free to be all” God has purposed and planned for my life. Freedom to live, Freedom to reign, Freedom to lead, Freedom to dominate, Freedom to exclaim, Freedom to restore, Freedom to elevate, Freedom to soar, Freedom to institute, Freedom to execute, Freedom to permeate, Freedom to express, Freedom to believe, Freedom of faith, Freedom to obey, Freedom to declare, Freedom to expand, Freedom to reach, Freedom to extend, Freedom to be me
Freedom to voice out, Freedom to instruct, Freedom to teach, Freedom to live, Freedom to be healthy, Freedom to be wealthy, Freedom to be worry free, Freedom to be alive, Freedom to be well, Freedom to be bold as a lion of the tribe of Judah. Freedom to love God, Man without fear or restraint. Freedom from poverty, Freedom from lack, Freedom from needs.|
Freedom to be – All God has purposed and plan for me before the foundation of the world. This year, I will live, walk, dwell, work in Freedom in Jesus Name, Amen.
Devotional Plan – Overview
- Lent has always been a time to turn our attention to all that has been done for us on the cross in Christ. This lavish gift can be meditated on year after year, and still would leave us to wonder in amazement. Through this reading plan created by The Journey Church for the ‘You Version’ reading plan, we will walk through the gospel accounts in chronological order, tracing the steps of Jesus during his last week of his earthly ministry. This plan is 47 days in length, but the seven Sundays are days of rest according to tradition.
The Riverbank Adaptation:
- Each Sunday during lent, we will perform a weekly review of key points.
- Every Friday during lent, will be a day of fasting for grace, wisdom and power for the Christian Journey. Fasting guideline will be provided.
I am extremely glad for this opportunity and excited about what lies ahead in our respective lives. If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to email me via pastor or devotional
Your best days are ahead of you in Jesus Name, Amen. Pst Flo