A compilation of reasons from the ‘conversation’ on the Relationships Do Matter (RDM) Chat Room. Let us know what you think?
- Background & Experience: Many folks come from dysfunctional backgrounds, for example, Father or Dad had a few girlfriends and/or a few wives and never
considered the issue of faithfulness or accountability as important.
- Dark pasts and challenges with sexual addictions or issues e.g. pornography, masturbation, fornication and never truly addressing these issues.
- Men refusing to face the real issues at home, hence avoiding issues or refusing to address issues appropriately and promptly.
- The failure to learn and discover pertinent truths via renewing the mind and daily discipline of studying the word, prayer and meditation.
- The failure to move on from the past relationships and dalliances.
- The societal or cultural mood (public opinion) being less condemning or more accepting.
- The lack of passion in teaching and mentoring young ones by the older ones including parental responsibilities.
- The lack of emotional connection between husband and wife.
- The thrill and excitement of pursuing the ‘forbidden’.
- Lack of effort in the marriage leading to boredom, consider how many men attend marriage enrichment sessions, seminars, workshops
- The diluted emphasis on righteousness, purity, holiness in the church. ‘
- The absence of boundaries in interacting with the opposite sex at work, events etc
- And perhaps the most popular reason – simply because they want to or they can.
Well, if you think this is only for men think again as the appropriate title really is WHY PEOPLE CHEAT, because both MEN AND WOMEN can but should they?
Remember, temptation is not sin.
Yielding to temptation is the sin. So pray the Lord’s prayer often and don’t think you are alone…for the temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure.” – 1 Cor 10:13
Remember, Relationships Do Matter.
PS: Join us on Saturday for Movie and Dinner (A RDM Event).
click here for details: https://www.facebook.com/events/370799199702053/
Date: Saturday, April 6th @4pm CST.
1011 South Delano Court East Chicago, IL 60605